Skip to main content

Genevieve

One of my blogs is named after "the daughter I never had." She was a refugee of sorts and she threw my life under a bus to try to save her own.

Genevieve was not her real name, though she told me she used it online for a time. Possibly only briefly and many years ago.

I haven't heard from her in a long time. I don't know for sure what became of her, though my feeling is she's probably no longer alive.

I am still alive and my life has yet to recover from those events, which is part of why I don't believe she is alive anymore.

My life looks wholly unfixable and it's clear in my mind my relationship to Genevieve is a primary root cause of that fact.

Genevieve was a MtF transgender youth who was horrifically abused as a child. I helped her escape her monied, connected abusers and then Genevieve burned me to try to protect herself. 

I don't think that's what she really wanted. 

My situation is complicated by the fact that Genevieve was good at hobnobbing with rich, connected people. As far as I know, she was never really in the public eye but she knew people who were.

She met Elon Musk in person and was likely friends with him for a time. I don't really follow stories about him but, having known Genevieve, I doubt he's as transphobic as people think. 

There's probably some other story behind his falling out with his trans child and perhaps for privacy reasons they are both content to agree with the "obvious" explanation that everyone is happy to eat up.

Given that I have a form of cystic fibrosis, used to belong to some CF lists and still blog about it, odds are good that Celine Dion has heard of me. Since she's never contacted me to inquire about my alternative health approach, she has very likely dismissed me out of hand.

I've probably been dragged or quietly given the cold shoulder socially by a lot of other influential people, some because they knew Genevieve and she lied about me, some for other reasons.

Not too long ago, I read some blurb about Sam Altman's sister saying roughly that he quietly used his connections to ruin her life. Most people seem to not believe her and that's a case where you at least know he really knows her and really could have done so.

I'm not fond of Sam Altman. I don't like the man. That's perhaps a story for another time, but I can well believe he's capable of such ugliness.

Odds are poor that my story will ever be believed. I can't prove I once knew a very bright but troubled youth you've never heard of and odds are poor anyone you have heard of will ever say "Yea, verily, I knew Genevieve and Doreen is not just making stuff up whole cloth."

Popular posts from this blog

Pivoting a Website

The website Aberdeen Art and Music began as an effort to consolidate three older websites into a single website for purposes of trying to create a local walking tour as a tourist asset for this small town. It later took on a new purpose and I was tasked with updating the site to preserve and enhance the existing purpose while making room for new functions. The older websites were static sites that each corresponded to a printed brochure. The brochures and corresponding original websites were logically categorized by type of art: Murals, Critters and Urban Art (mostly sculpture). But much of this art can be found in close proximity in the downtown area, so I wanted to consolidate that information and enhance it to serve as an economic development tool for this small town. The intent was to support a walking tour via smartphone and begin phasing out the printed brochures while still supporting the existing brochures that were still out there and had the old URLs on them. In s

Local News and Information Online

I recentely read an online article with local news. Nowhere in the article does it actually name the state and the name of the publication is generic enough it doesn't give clues as to the location. I poked around the site and found a county name somewhere, maybe in the same article, maybe in a different article. I googled the city name and the spelling is unusual such that it might be a unique city name though there are definitely other cities with names that sound the same. If this article were printed in a physical newspaper bought locally, using just the city name would be fine. You would know from context exactly which city was intended. But when an article is posted online, people can potentially trip across it from anywhere in the world. You are no longer talking to just locals and even if the city name is unique, not everyone will automatically know that. Don't assume your audience will go digging for more info like I did to try to figure out exactly where

Project: #Eclogiselle

Proposal: Use #Eclogiselle if you are translating my work or developing things related to stuff I am doing and WANT it to be more discoverable and identifiable as related to my projects. (There is "Fine Print" .)